The team of teachers provided lesson plans in advance as framework for project development. They tested and refined lesson plans and proposals in real situations. Rubrics for activities were also adapted from existing proposals. They also exchanged good practise and teaching strategies, enabling peer learning.
The booklet can be downloaded by clicking over the photos or from this link Methodology Miniguide
- Main outcomes for the teachers
- Development of high-standard learning approaches by teaming in international groups
- Use of Design Thinking instructional design strategies in an international environment
- Awareness and experience of the different teaching styles in Europe and Turkey
- Raise of English levels from the collaboration with native and bilingual teachers
- Improvement of Italian, Spanish and German language skills as secondary languages of communication.
We can use the learning units as activities
Unit 1. Developing the game’s storytelling
- Session 1. Select a castle’s legend. Cooperative work in the whole classroom. Presentation in small groups.
- Session 2. Create a common story. Collaborative work in teams. Presentation
- Session 3. Create the illustrations for the book. Collaborative work in teams.
Unit 2. Awareness of addiction danger to videogames
- Session 1. Get inspiration from real videogames. Whole class discussion to decide what are the best videogames and what are their mechanics.
- Session 2. Celebration of the Safer Internet Day. Tuesday, February 6th 2018.
Unit 3. Create the rules of the game
- Session 1. Design the Legendary Characters, avatars and the categories of the game. Collaborative work in teams.
- Session 2. Create the rules of the game. Whole group discussion.
Unit 4. Create the trials and tests
- Session 1. Create a quiz with Kahoot!. Individual work. Based on scaffolding language activities. The teachers can collaborate with the pupils.
- Session 2. Development of an imaginary map of the game. History research on the own castle.
- Session 3. Creation of a 3D reconstruction of the castle by using SketchUp!. Can be based in the real castle, if it is in good state, or an imaginary reconstruction, in the case it is in ruins.
Unit 5. Play of the game
- Session 1. Georeference of the main points where the Legendary Characters will appear in the real castle. Install of Metaverse app in mobiles with a local provider. Placement of digital tools in the scenery.
- Session 2. Augmented reality scavenger-hunting. Game based in mobile outdoor augmented reality using Metaverse platform.
The printed edition is available on each partner school library under request to email@example.com
Presentations of our legends, common legend, rules of the game.
Introduction to our school’s state of the art, common issues about English learning, CLIL approach to the project, the Theory of Play, Gamification and motivation, gamified assessment, collaboration strategies to enhance interactions in a foreign language, implementation of a gamified strategy in CLIL/EFL/DAFclassrooms, lessons learned, outcomes for pupils, how to transfer our project into classrooms, lesson plans, assessment rubrics, introduction to learning augmented reality. References.
CLIL lesson plans on 3D modelling
We tested 3D modelling using Sketchup software to create a virtual reconstruction of castle to be uploaded as a character of Metaverse, but mobiles were not good enough to use 3D polygonal feature. But we created a set of CLIL lesson plans, so they can be still be used in technologies/technical drawing classes. They can be downloaded by clicking over the photo or from this link CLIL lesson plans and handouts.
Two new lesson plans came up after the join of spanish as foreign language teachers in the team. They are included in the methodology miniguide.
eTwinning project kit
The project kit can be downloaded here